ISO 16355 for QFD is now in publication since 2015. QFD Black Belts® are in a unique position to advance the standard, as it follows a similar logic and flow.
The QFD Black Belt® Update course is now a 1-day, semi-private continuing education exclusively for those who have earned the QFD Institute's full status or provisional QFD Black Belt® Certificate.
This Update course will assist you in transitioning to the new ISO 16355 stabdard and current global best practices. Bring up to date and enhance your QFD knowledge and skills learned in your previous courses. Students of this Update Course will receive a copy of the latest QFD Green Belt® and QFD Black Belt® training manuals and templates, plus a 2-year extension of your provisional QFD Black Belt® status.
You may bring your QFD deployment samples for critique and coaching, and/or send in advance your questions and the topics you wish to cover.
Please click the panels below to open / close the details.
For questions, please contact us.
- Semi-private review and coaching of modern QFD tools and deployments of Comprehensive QFD;
- Introduction of the latest advancements and emerging trends;
- Implementation and auditing strategies for ISO 16355;
- Step-by-step instruction of key processes and tools;
- Semi-private coaching for the challenges that you face;
- The most up-to-date training materials.
- ISO 16355 *;
- Improved algorithms for defining Customer Needs (Demanded Quality) for "new-to-world" products and services;
- New Gemba Analysis tools;
- Incorporating Blitz QFD® into Modern Comprehensive QFD to speed up the process;
- Integration of AHP throughout the QFD process;
- Replacement of ordinal scale calculations with ratio scale calculations of customer needs priorities, sales point, competitive benchmarking, and matrix relationship weights to improve the meaningfulness and accuracy of QFD in a Six Sigma world;
- Hoshin Kanri and deploying to new product strategy;
- Lifestyle Deployment with Kansei Engineering*;
- Integration of latest Kano methods*;
- Enhancing Quality Planning Table with measures, targets, and Kano categories*;
- Introduction to General Theory of Innovation (GTI), a next generation TRIZ-evolved business innovation method for general business management*
- Improved FMEA with AHP; and
- Cost Deployment matrices with proportional distribution*.
- Knowledge of ISO 16355 and what to expect in the future standard;
- Mastery of generic Modern QFD tools and deployments and knowledge of how Comprehensive QFD works;
- Knowledge of new-to-world methods in product development, quality and innovation, and how they can be incorporated into projects;
- Knowledge of how to facilitate a QFD project team;
- The latest version of the training materials for both QFD Green Belt® and QFD Black Belt® and templates;
- 2-year extension of your provisional QFD Black Belt® Certificate.
- Your laptop computer or tablet with MS Excel® and Adobe Acrobat® —as you will receive QFD templates and case studies on CD, USB, or by Email.
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. (We will send detailed instructions on this with your registration receipt or invoice.)
Important: There is no need to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises in the classroom real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic or hobby project.
- (Optional) You may also bring members from your project team so that the whole team can learn and work on your real project.
- Training manuals of both QFD Black Belt® and QFD Black Belt® courses (1,000 pages)
- Modern QFD templates (QFD/ISO 16355 Black Belt® Level)
- Case studies and papers from the QFD Institute Symposium 1989–2016 (digital copy)
- ISO 16355 series bibliographic reference papers (e-Book) from QFD Symposia. (ISO copyright does not permit us to distribute the ISO 16355 standard, but links to purchase will be provide.)
Please plan extra room in your suitcase to take your course manual home, or plan to ship it home at the end of the course (we will help you make shipping arrangements if you would like.)
To assure the integrity of your certificate as demonstrated in application, full status QFD Black Belt® will be earned upon successful completion of:
- Having a QFD Master Black Belt® custom-tailor a QFD process for your company;
- Co-facilitating a QFD project with the QFD Master Black Belt® using your custom-tailored QFD process (apprentice); and
- Facilitating by yourself a second QFD project using your custom-tailored QFD process and submitting your work to a QFD Master Black Belt® for approval (journeyman).
- $1,470 per person (1-day course), including your training materials and templates, plus lunch.
Registration Page (coming soon)