Internationally acclaimed introductory to Modern Blitz QFD® and ISO 16355, this course is designed for businesses and people who wish to learn the cutting-edge best practice for agility, innovation and leadership essential to compete in today's global market.
The curriculum incorporates the latest advancements in quality, design, and project management that are not yet taken up by the traditional approach seen elsewhere. These include ISO 16355 (the new QFD standard), Design for Lean Sigma (DFLS) / Six Sigma (DFSS), Emotional Design using Lifestyle QFD, Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP), TRIZ, Theory of Constraints (TOC), New Lanchester Strategy for Marketing, and more—all of which you will be introduced in this course.
This workshop is part of the international program in Quality Function Deployment and ISO 16355; it is the only QFD curriculum authorized by the late Dr. Akao, founder of QFD. As a course offered by the QFD Institute, you are assured of unparalleled excellence on this subject. Testimonials.
To inquire, please contact us.
Please click the panels below to open / close details.
- Brief history and principles of QFD — what it is and how it works;
- The advantages of Modern QFD over Traditional QFD;
- How to translate Voice of Customer into spoken and unspoken customer needs;
- How to prioritize customer needs and focus the development process;
- How to translate key customer needs into product specifications;
- How to deploy these needs end-to-end to each business function;
- Examples of QFD for manufactured goods, service and business process, chemical and food products, and software;
- QFD and ISO 16355.NEW
- No Prerequisites.
- New Product Development Teams and Project Managers;
- QFD project team members including marketing and sales, R&D, design, manufacturing, service, quality, etc.;
- Training scouts who will report on QFD to their management;
- Quality consultants, Six Sigma / Lean Sigma / DFLS / DFSS Black Belts and Master Black Belts;
- Trainers, facilitators, internal Quality / Sigma gurus, Organizational Excellence champions;
- Those who have taken classical QFD courses offered at universities and quality institutions including ASI, GOAL/QPC, JUSE, ASQ, EFQM, etc.
- Anyone who wishes to learn the latest, solid QFD basics, tools, and best practices. Anyone who seeks better designs, quality, and innovation.
- Companies that have sent employees to this training.
- Attendees from overseas are also welcomed.
Core Blitz QFD® tools that you will learn:
- Customer Gemba table
- Customer Voice table
- Customer Segments table
- Affinity Diagram
- Hierarchy Diagram
- Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- Maximum Value Table
- House of Quality (HOQ) — modernized
- Downstream QFD Deployments (generic deployment in public course)
Associated methods that you will be introduced:
- Knowledge of key tools and processes in ISO 16355 for new product development and how to comply with it;
- Knowledge of generic Blitz QFD® tools and deployments;
- Knowledge of modern Voice of Customer analysis, including appreciation of the important differences between customer requirements vs. product features, stated customer needs vs. true customer needs, etc.;
- How to apply AHP for proper prioritization of needs, strategy, etc.;
- Provisional QFD Green Belt® Certificate.
- A laptop computer (with CD drive, MS Excel®, MS Word®, and Adobe Acrobat® reader) or calculator -- as you will receive a CD or memory stick with QFD software templates and case studies.
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. (You will receive detailed instructions on this with your registration receipt/invoice.)
IMPORTANT: No need to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic (or hobby) project.
- (Optional) You may also enroll your project team and learn together as you work on a real project, or you may join others.
- QFD Institute QFD Green Belt® training manual
- Modern QFD templates (QFD/ISO 16355 Green Belt® Level)
- Select case studies (digital copy)
- ISO 16355 series bibliographic reference papers (1000+ page e-Book) from QFD SymposiaNEW
Aprovisional QFD Green Belt® Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this course.
Students desiring to receive a full certification must submit a completed QFD project to the Instructor within one (1) year, demonstrating their ability to use all the modern Blitz QFD® tools taught in the course. Students may send work-in-process to the instructor for review
NOTE: The graduates of this course are eligible to enroll in the future QFD Green Belt® Update and QFD Black Belt® Certificate Course — the next step toward becoming a successful QFD team leader or facilitator.
A $100 discount per person discount is offered when 3 or more employees attend from the same organization. The discount(s) will be appiled on the 3rd attendee's invoice/receipt.
MS Word form
- March 28–29, 2017 Course will be held at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit-Airport / Romulus (ADDRESS: 31700 Smith Road,
Romulus, Michigan 48174 USA;
This Hampton Inn is located just 1 mile (1.6 km) from the Detroit Metro Airport (airport code = DTW) and offers complimentary shuttle service. From the airport, telephone the hotel +1 734-595-0033 (a courtesy phone located at the airport baggage area).
Hotel Reservations (not included in your course fee) should be made directly with the Hampton Inn in advance. The QFDI group rate is $119 plus tax for the nights of March 27th and 28th.
Hampton Inn Amenities & Services:
- Complimentary hot breakfast
- Complimentary high-speed Internet access
- Business center, printer
- Fitness room and pool
- Coin laundry / valet laundry
- On-site convenience store
- Local transportation within a few miles
- Located within a short walking distance to restaurants (please inquire at the front desk).