17th–18th January, 2017
This authoritative introduction to Modern Blitz QFD® is designed for businesses and people who wish to learn the cutting-edge best practice for agility, innovation and leadership essential to compete in today’s global market.
The curriculum incorporates the latest advancements in quality, design, and project management that are not yet taken up by the traditional approach seen elsewhere. You will be introduced to all of these topics in this course:
This workshop is part of the international program in Quality Function Deployment; it is the only QFD curriculum authorized by the late Dr. Akao, founder of QFD. As a course offered by the QFD Institute, you are assured of the excellence in training unparalleled to others on this subject.
This 2-day course will be taught in English. It is held in partnership with Estonian Association for Quality. (Attendees of this course are offered free admission to EAQ conference on January 19, if they would like.)
This Tallinn course will be taught by Glenn H. Mazur.
Mr. Mazur is widely considered the world’s leading expert in the theory and practice of Quality Function Deployment (QFD).
In 1985 he served as an interpreter and translated the lectures of Akashi Fukuhara of the Central Japan Quality Control Institute that were delivered at Ford Motor Company as a follow-up to Yoji Akao’s 1983 pioneering lectures in the United States on this subject. Based on this work he was asked to translate a series of QFD papers written by Dr. Akao which was published by Productivity Press in the title of "Quality Function Deployment integrating Customer Requirements into Product Design" in 1990.
Mr. Mazur served as translator of the GOAL/QPC Research Committee and since 1986 has been the primary translator for Dr. Akao. He has been certified as a QFD Red Belt® by Dr. Akao, and in 1998 he was awarded the International Akao QFD Prize® for his work in developing and disseminating the practice of QFD globally.
Mr. Mazur has also been designated a QFD Architekt by the QFD Institut Deutchland. In addition to his work in the QFD, he has also been trained in the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) by its developers Drs. Thomas Saaty and Ernest Forman and has integrated this methodology into the QFD priority scoring system.
Mr. Mazur serves as Executive Director of the QFD Institute (QFDI) and the International Council for QFD (ICQFD) which coordinates research and international symposia that are focused on advancing the QFD methodology.
- No Prerequisites.
- New product and service development teams and project managers;
- Project team members from Marketing & Sales, R&D, Design, Manufacturing, Service, Quality, Business Development, and those who are key to the success of the new product / business / organizational strategy;
- Training scouts who will report to their management;
- Quality consultants, Six Sigma / Lean Sigma / DFLS / DFSS Black Belts and Master Black Belts;
- Trainers, facilitators, internal Quality / Sigma gurus, Organizational Excellence champions, as well as University Professors who teach innovation and the topics mentioned here;
- University professors and researchers in the fields of new product development, innovation, entrepreneurship, Voice of Customer analysis and related topics;
- Those who are familiar with traditional QFD and House of Quality methods from 1980s.
- Anyone who seeks better designs, quality, and innovation.
- Here is a partial list of companies that have sent employees to this training.
- A laptop computer (with CD drive, MS Excel®, MS Word®, and Adobe Acrobat® reader) or calculator -- as you will receive a CD or memory stick with QFD software templates and case studies.
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. (You will receive detailed instructions on this with your registration receipt/invoice.)
IMPORTANT: There is NO NEED to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic (or hobby) project.
A provisional QFD Green Belt® Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this course.
Students desiring to receive a full certification must submit a completed QFD project to the Instructor within one (1) year, demonstrating their ability to use the modern QFD Blitz®® tools taught in the course. For this purpose, they may send work-in-process to the instructor for review, following the classroom portion of the training.
- Basic fee: € 1,900 + 20% VAT per student.
- Fee for members of Estonian Association for Quality: € 1,200 + 20% VAT per student.
- Discounts are offered when more than 1 student attend from your organization.
To attend, reserve your seat, or ask questions, please contact Tiia Tammaru (Estonian Association for Quality) NOW.
This course will be held on 17th–18th of January 2017 (from 8:30 to 17:00 on both days) at the Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences (Eesti Ettevõtleuskõrgkool Mainor, Suur-Sõjamäe 10a, Tallinn, Estonia).
This university is about 3 minutes (1.5 km) by car from Tallinn Airport (Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport; airport code = TLL), and about 15 minutes (5.5 km) by car from the Old City Harbour / Vanasadam (Port of Tallinn).
Not sure how to get here? Ask us by email . . .
Map of Tallinn (Click for Google map)
PDF Brochure of this course