In-house QFD Green Belt®
In-house QFD Green Belt® trains project team members in the current best QFD / ISO 16355 methods, using custom-tailored toolset and processes designed specifically for your business and your existing development process. This assures skill and compliance before project begins.
- Trains your project team members on the winning QFD strategy that identifies both unspoken and spoken customer needs;
- Trains your project team members on how to systematically identify which Voice of Customer data are customer requirements (needs) vs. which are product features;
- Trains your project team members on how to prioritize requirements and analyze trade-offs with the use of AHP;
- Trains your project team members on how to translate key needs into actions and designs;
- Your team members will be able to apply the QFD / ISO 16355 tools directly on their project during the training;
- In-house custom-tailored QFD training addresses the needs and objectives of your organization and customers, using custom-tailored QFD process and training manual;
- Team members trained on the custom-tailored QFD typically are able to earn a full status QFD Green Belt® shortly upon completion of the training and move onto the QFD Black Belt® status;
- This training mode affords the privacy of discussing the unique needs and challenges of your business, with 100% attention of the instructor for your team;
- This training mode helps create a pool of project team members capable of carrying out future projects;
- Custom tailored training materials, modern QFD templates, and case studies;
- On-going support for the project (inhouse and remote support).
Who Should Attend
- QFD project team members including marketing and sales, R&D, design, manufacturing, service, quality, etc.
- New Product Development Teams
- Project Managers
- Internal Quality consultants and Six Sigma/DFSS BB/MBB
Internal trainers, facilitators
- Anyone who is involved with new product/service development
- No prerequisites
- Develop understanding of basic concepts and main tools of modern Blitz QFD and ISO 16355;
- Develop the internal talents that are capable of applying the ISO compliant tools in the VoC analysis, customer requirements management (CRM), and new product development — for current and future projects;
- The trained members will be able to present the QFD concepts to your management team as a powerful new product development process;
- Recognize differences between QFD for manufactured and assembled products, service and business processes, food and chemical products, software, and small business;
- Upon completion, receive provisional QFD Green Belt® Certificate;
- Submit personal example of VOCT and modern House of Quality within 1.5 years to earn full status.
- How modern QFD / ISO 16355 can address your company's problems with customers, competitors, technology, design, build, delivery and service;
- Brief history and principles of QFD — how and why it works;
- How to apply key tools correctly, including Maximum Value Table, AHP, Customer Voice Table, Customer Process Model, House of Quality with modern math, etc. See details here...
- Case studies (with results) for product (manufactured, assembled, chemical, food), service, process, and software applications;
- Introduction to related methodologies such as ISO 16355, AHP, Kansei, TRIZ, New Lanchester Strategy, etc.
Workshop (hands-on with your project)
- Custom-tailored QFD method is practiced on your project;
- Basic QFD Tools - Affinity Diagram, Hierarchy Diagram, Matrix;
- Voice of Customer Table - Understanding explicit and implicit requirements;
- Position new product according to customer, competition, and corporate strategy;
- Translate key customer needs into product specifications - Maximum Value Table and House of Quality;
- Lecture on how to deploy to each functional group. Includes function and failure analysis, creativity, component, facilities, operator, and quality control
Textbooks and Materials
- Custom-tailored Green Belt® training manual for your group
- Modern QFD / ISO 16355 templates, software demos, additional case studies
- In-house custom-tailored QFD Green Belt® training spans 3–4 days. It begins with the QFD Technical Review and custom-tailoring of the QFD process and toolset, followed by the in-house training sessions with your project team applying the customized tools on an actual project(s). On-going facilitation support is also available. (In comparison, Public QFD Gren Belt® Course is 2 days and uses generic materials and a generic QFD model)
The QFD Institute permits only full status QFD Black Belts® who have successfully completed the "train-the-trainer course" or higher to teach its QFD Green Belt® Courses and full status QFD Master Black Belts® who completed the same to teach its QFD Black Belt® Courses. Individuals' QFD Belt® status may be verified through the QFD Institute office.
Schedule and Costs
Please contact us, TEL 206-203-3575