QFD Black Belt® Certificate Course
Advanced training is for Facilitators, Project Leaders, Black Belts and Master Black Belts of Lean Sigma / DFSS / Phase-gates, Professionals in Design, Quality, Marketing, Innovation and Corporate Excellence. See prerequisites.
This is also a good place for corporate training scout and project managers to test the water.
The only internationally recognized QFD certificate programs authorized by Dr. Akao (founder of QFD), in this fast-paced, information-packed training, you will learn advanced techniques of Modern QFD, Comprehensive QFD, how to correctly create and use a House of Quality matrix, downstream deployments, how to expertly implement QFD with DFSS / DFLS, as well as advanced Quality Design and organizational methodologies such as Kansei Engineering, TRIZ, Hoshin, New Kano Model, and the ISO 16355.
Testimonials & Companies that have sent employees to this training...
This Course will offer you:
- Hands-on practice of Modern QFD on a team project;
- Step-by-step instruction of several standard QFD deployments;
- In-depth review of important Modern QFD tools and deployments;
- Understanding of the full depth and breadth of Modern Comprehensive QFD, including ISO 16533; and
- The QFD Black Belt® training manual (1,000 pages) and Modern QFD templates.
You Will Learn:
- Advanced, Modern QFD tools and analytic methods for quality, strategy, management, product planning, decision making, invention, and design;
- Voice of Gemba - QFD's unique approach to customer visits, and how to design Gemba Visits and new Gemba Analysis tools;
- Semi-customized deployments common to most industries, such as project, customer, quality, technology, function, reliability, cost, manufacturability, production, service, etc.;
- How to input, process, and output field data for each deployment;
- Incorporating Blitz QFD® (matrix free QFD for immediate results) into Dr. Akao's Comprehensive QFD to speed up the process;
- Improved algorithms for defining Customer Needs (Demanded Quality) for "new-to-world" products and services;
- Why and how of replacing ordinal scale calculations with ratio scale calculations of customer needs priorities, sales point, competitive benchmarking, and matrix relationship weights, to improve the meaningfulness and accuracy of QFD in a Six Sigma world;
- How to expertly link QFD with Design for Six Sigma / Lean Sigma (DFSS / DFLS);
- Introduction to Lifestyle Deployment and emotional quality with Kansei Engineering;
- Integration of New Kano Model methods;
- Enhancing Customer Need Hierarchy Diagram with measures, targets, and Kano categories ;
- Using Customer Voice Table with specification documents;
- Introduction to General Theory of Innovation, a TRIZ-evolved new-to-world business innovation method for general business management;
- Implementation and auditing strategies for the new ISO 16355 standard.
- QFD Black Belt® Course Manual (1,000 pages)
- ISO Modern QFD templates
- Case studies and papers from the QFD Institute Symposium 1989 - 2016 (digital copy)
- ISO 16355 series bibliographic reference papers (1,000-page e-Book). (ISO copyright does not permit us to distribute the ISO 16355 standard, but links to purchase will be provide.)
- Mastery of generic Modern QFD tools and deployments and knowledge of how Comprehensive QFD and ISO 16355 standard work;
- Knowledge of new-to-world methods in product development, quality and innovation, and how they can be incorporated into projects;
- Knowledge of how to facilitate a QFD project team;
- Provisional QFD Black Belt® Certificate.
Recommended Things To Bring
- Laptop computer or tablet with MS Excel® and Adobe Acrobat®, as you will receive the Modern QFD templates and case studies on CD, USB, or by Email;
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. IMPORTANT: There is no need to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic or hobby project.→ Detailed instructions on this will be sent to you after your registration is complete.
- (Optional) You may also bring your project team and both learn and work on your real project. See Team Discounts.
Scheduling, Registration, Venue
Prerequisites for QFD Black Belt® course:
- You have a full-status QFD Green Belt® or provisional QFD Green Belt® issued by the QFD Institute.
- If your provisional QFD Green Belt® was earned more than 18 months ago, you may be required to refresh your skills in the QFD Green Belt® UPDATE before attending this advanced course. Please contact us.
To assure the integrity of your certificate as demonstrated in application, full status QFD Black Belt® will be earned upon successful completion of:
- Custom-tailored QFD process for your company;
- Co-facilitating a QFD project along with the QFD Master Black Belt® or QFD Red Belt® by using your custom-tailored QFD process (apprentice); and
- Facilitating by yourself a second QFD project using your custom-tailored QFD process and submitting your work for approval (journeyman).
Glenn Mazur: Convenor of ISO 16355 standard for QFD