QFD Black Belt® Update
Transitioning to ISO 16355
ISO 16355 for QFD is now in publication. QFD Black Belts® are in a unique position to advance the standard, as it follows a similar logic and flow.
QFD Black Belt® Update is a 1-day, semi-private continuing education exclusively for those who have earned the QFD Institute's full status or provisional QFD Black Belt® Certificate (see Prerequisites). This Update course will assist you in transitioning to the new standard and the current global best practices.
Many enhancements to QFD are included in the ISO 16355 standard. This is an opportunity to bring up to date and enhance your QFD knowledge and skills learned in your previous courses. The attendees of this Update receive a copy of the latest QFD Green Belt® and QFD Black Belt® training manuals / templates and a 2-year extension of your provisional Black Belt status.
You may bring your QFD deployment samples for critique and coaching, and/or send in advance your questions and the topics you wish to cover. .
Those who have earned a Provisional or Full Status QFD Black Belt® Certificate. (Verification of Prerequisites: You may be asked to provide your Certificate number or your past course information.)
Planned for this QFD Black Belt® Update Course are the following topics (*New 2015–2016):
- Improved algorithms for defining Customer Needs (Demanded Quality) for "new-to-world" products and services;
- New Gemba Analysis tools;
- Incorporating Blitz QFD® into Modern Comprehensive QFD to speed up the process;
- Integration of AHP throughout the QFD process;
- Replacement of ordinal scale calculations with ratio scale calculations of customer needs priorities, sales point, competitive benchmarking, and matrix relationship weights to improve the meaningfulness and accuracy of QFD in a Six Sigma world;
- Hoshin Kanri and deploying to new product strategy;
- Lifestyle Deployment with Kansei Engineering*;
- Integration of latest Kano methods*;
- Enhancing Quality Planning Table with measures, targets, and Kano categories*;
- Introduction to General Theory of Innovation (GTI), a next generation TRIZ-evolved business innovation method for general business management*
- Improved FMEA with AHP; and
- Cost Deployment matrices with proportional distribution*.
Learning Outcomes and Benefits:
This course will guide you in transitioning to ISO 16355 with the latest enhancements to the QFD process as taught in recent QFD Black Belt® courses and the most up-to-date QFD tools and methods, in addition to any review that you may wish to have.
- Get the interchanges between ISO 16355-1, -2, -4, -5, and –8 and the QFD Black Belt® course chapters.
- Get the bibliographic references papers from QFD Symposia listed in the ISO standards;
- Bring up to date and enhance your QFD knowledge and skills learned in your earlier course;
- Get additional coaching. You might have encountered questions since attending the previous course. This is a good opportunity to get additional help in completing the assignment toward earning your Full Status QFD Black Belt®;
- Keep yourself up to date on the latest advancements in QFD and new-to-world concepts that the QFD Institute brings about through its on-going research. Get informed on what other countries are doing with QFD and how your business might draw on Modern QFD to create a competitive edge;
- Your Provisional Status had expired if you attended the QFD Black Belt® Course more than 24 months ago and did not complete the Full Status Review. By attending this Update, you will get the Provisional Status reinstated and extended for 24 months from the date of this Update course.
Recommended Things To Bring:
- A laptop computer or tablet with MS Excel® and Adobe Acrobat®, as you will receive templates and case studies on CD, USB, or by Email;
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. → Detailed instructions on this will be sent to you after your registration is complete.
- IMPORTANT: There is no need to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a genericor hobby project.
Scheduling, Registration, Venue
- QFD Black Belt® UPDATE (public course) is offered once a year in the U.S. The 2017 public course date and location will be determined soon. Please contact us or sign up for the free newsletter to receive early announcements. For budget planning, please refer to the previous year's brochure (2016 PDF brochure).
- In-houseQFD Black Belt® Update course can be scheduled at your location for the companies that have multiple associates who have earned a full status or provisional QFD Black Belt®. Please contact us: Email to QFDI | Tel +1 734-995-0847.