QFD Green Belt® Certificate Course
Next Public Courses:
- 19th–20th JUNE 2017
Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
Web Page | PDF
- 17th–18th OCTOBER 2017
Web Page | PDF
- Not finding what you are looking for?
Please contact us to inquire about more training options (locations / dates).
This internationally acclaimed introduction to Modern Blitz QFD® and ISO 16355 is
designed for businesses and people who wish to learn the
cutting-edge best practice for agility, innovation and
leadership essential to compete in today’s global market. No prerequisites.
The curriculum incorporates the latest advancements in quality, design, and project management that
are not yet taken up by the traditional approach seen elsewhere. You will be introduced to all of these topics in this course:
- Blitz QFD®
- ISO 16355 (the new QFD
- Design for Lean Sigma (DFLS) / Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Emotional Design using Lifestyle QFD
- Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- TRIZ (Theory of Inventive Problem Solving)
Lanchester Strategy for Marketing, and more.
This workshop is part of the international program in Quality Function Deployment and ISO 16355; it is the only QFD curriculum authorized by the late Dr. Akao, founder of QFD. As a course offered by the QFD Institute, you are assured of unparalleled excellence on this subject.
- Brief history and principles of QFD — what it is and how it works;
- The advantages of Modern QFD over Traditional QFD;
- How to translate Voice of Customer into spoken and unspoken customer needs;
- How to prioritize customer needs and focus the development process;
- How to translate key customer needs into product specifications;
- How to deploy these needs end-to-end to each business function;
- Examples of QFD for manufactured goods, service and business process, chemical and food products, and software;
- QFD and ISO 16355.NEW
Core Blitz QFD® tools that you will learn:
- Customer Gemba table
- Customer Context table (Customer Segment table - for Healthcare course)
- Customer Process Model
- Customer Voice Table
- Affinity Diagram
- Hierarchy Diagram
- Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- Maximum Value Table
- House of Quality (HOQ) – modernized with ISO 16355 math
- Downstream QFD Deployments (generic deployment in public course)
You will be also introduced to:
Recommended Things To Bring
- Your laptop or tablet with MS Excel® and Adobe Acrobat® (as you will receive the Modern QFD and AHP templates and case studies on CD, USB, or by Email).
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. Detailed instructions on this will be sent to you when your registration is received.
Important: There is no need to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic or hobby project.
(Optional) You may also enroll your project team and learn together as you work on a real project (Team Discounts available).
Textbooks and Materials
- The QFD Green Belt® training manual
- Modern QFD templates
- Select case students
- ISO 16355 series bibliographic reference papers (1,000+ page eBook, $149 value)NEW.
Pricing & Registration
- 19th–20th JUNE 2017 Course in South Africa: This course will be held at the SAQI Training Center CSIR Pretoria, South Africa. Please contact South African Quality Institute for detailed instructions on how to get there.
- 17th–18th OCTOBER 2017 Course in Germany: This course will be held at Campus Stadtmitte,
University of Stuttgart (10 minutes walk from Stuttgart Central Station).
- A provisional QFD Green Belt® Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this course.
- Students desiring to receive a full certification must submit a completed QFD project to the Instructor within one (1) year, demonstrating their ability to use all the modern Blitz QFD® tools taught in the course. Students may send work-in-process to the instructor for review,
Notes: Graduates of this course will be eligible to enroll in the future QFD Green Belt® Update courses and QFD Black Belt® course — the next step toward becoming a successful QFD team leader or facilitator.
Instructor: Glenn Mazur
Mr. Mazur has been certified as a QFD Red Belt® (the highest level) by the late
Dr. Akao. In 1998 Mr. Mazur was awarded the International Akao Prize®
for his work in developing and disseminating the practice of QFD globally.
Mr. Mazur serves as the Executive Director of the QFD Institute and
International Council for QFD which coordinates international research and
symposia toward advancement of the QFD methodology. Mr. Mazur is also the convenor of ISO 16355 technical committee.
Glenn has also been designated a QFD Architekt by the QFD Institut Deutchland.
In addition to his work in QFD, he has also been trained in the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) by its developers Drs. Thomas Saaty and Ernest Forman and has integrated this methodology into the QFD priority scoring system.