Desktop View of this page
- This symposium continues the tradition of bringing innovative ideas in product development, design, business strategy and process innovation to the public, through the the real world case studies and research from around the world, as well as active participants discussions. Attending Benefits
- The 22nd International and 27th North American Symposium on QFD completed successfully on 2016 September 9–10 in Boise, Idaho USA. We thank all attendees for making this a valuable experience of learning and inspiration through their participation and presentation.
- Please contact us to inquire about the next symposium, including the opportunity to be a Speaker in a future symposium. For academic papers, peer review is available with submission of a full draft paper.
Public Courses at the symposium
Tell me the benefits... Do I learn QFD?
The Symposium presentations and papers will help you understand:
- How QFD addresses real world problems and how others are using it for competitive edge;
- How QFD is integrated with other methods, how Modern Blitz QFD® method brings power to DFLS / DFSS;
- What application potentials are out there for my own project;
- What are the new standards, research, and emerging ideas that I should be aware of;
- What is the best way to introduce QFD in my work place;
- How other parts of the world are utilizing QFD, what are their states of competitiveness;
- How QFD has advanced since the 1980s, including the new ISO 16355 standard for QFD;
- Common errors to avoid in implemetation;
- What past attendees have said about the symposium experience.
In QFD Green Belt® course, you will learn the tools and application methods of Modern Blitz QFD®, including some of the new ISO 16355 tools. The course has a workshop component, so if you wish, you can begin applying QFD immediately on your work project right in the classroom. You will also take home the training materials including the modern QFD templates Excel and examplary case studies. See what past attendees have said about this course.
For those whose QFD training traces back to the 1980-90s, those who are book-learned, and/or those whose QFD exposure is primarily a traditional House of Quality matrix or 4-phase approach, this course is an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge to the new ISO 16355 standard, including the correct deployments and math for the House of Quality and the new toolsets.
In QFD Black Belt® course, you will learn the state-of-art, facilitator-level advanced QFD techniques and analytic methods, the breadth and depth of Comprehensive QFD, and associated methodologies (such as Kansei Engineering, Hoshin, TRIZ, and New Kano model) and sound integrations with these and other relevant methods. This course is highly recommended for master black belts of Six Sigma / Lean Sigma and DFSS / DFLS and corporate excellence champions. See what past attendees have said about this course.
How To Attend
- Online registration, PDF and Word file registration forms will be made available upon determination of the next symposium dates. Early discounts, package discounts, and team discounts will be offered. For reference, you may see the 2016 registration page.
Venue & Travel
- Venue, Hotel, and Travel details, as well as local information, will be published upon confirmation of the next symposium dates.
- Attendees from Overseas are always welcomed at the QFD Institute events. An official letter of invitation may be issued upon registration, for your visa application.
More about this Symposium
Past Participants & Supporting organizations
Past presentations: 2015–2011 | 2010–2006 | 2005–2001 | more
More details will be added here as they become available. For questions, please Contact the QFD Institute.
Desktop View of this page
Copyright © QFD Institute