Internationally acclaimed introduction to the cutting-edge modern QFD and ISO 16355, this course will show ways in which Quality Function Deployment (QFD) can solve issues you face in product, service, software, and process development, as well as help identify innovative solutions and new opportunities.
- What is QFD, what you should and should not do when implementing
- State-of-the-art QFD curriculum (See Why you should update your QFD practice?)
- Current best practices and modern tools
- Modern Voice of Customer analysis
- Gemba study tools
- Prioritization using AHP: Analytic Hierarchy Process (templates included)
- Solid ISO 16355 QFD foundation and sound practices essential for Design for Lean / Six Sigma
- Introduction to ISO 16355
- Introduction to Kansei Engineering / Lifestyle Deployment, Hoshin, TRIZ, New Kano Model
- Modern QFD templates, including AHP, Customer Process Model, Maximum Value Table, modern House of Quality with sound math, and more
- Hands-on practice of the tools and deployment in the classroom—on your own work project (when possible)
- The only QFD curriculum approved by Dr. Yoji Akao (founder of QFD), outside Japan
- No prerequisites
- After-class support for attendees
This course is offered in three (3) modes described below. For questions, please contact us
1. Public QFD Green Belt® Courses
Public QFD Green Belt® Courses use a generic QFD model and toolset and are held several times a year. This is a good way to learn a solid good foundation of Modern Blitz QFD® and its potentials for your work even when there might not be a specific project yet. It is also a good opportunity for corporate trainers and facilitators to scout out the current best QFD tools and methods. Please visit the Event Calendar and follow their links for details.
2. In-house Custom-tailored QFD Green Belt®
In-house Custom-tailored QFD Green Belt® tranis your team on the custom-tailored QFD process and deployments, using custom-tailored training manuals, in addition to portions of the public course contents that are relevant to your business and industry.
This training mode begins with Technical Diagnosis where we sit down with key project members and managers to identify your development process, the strength, gaps, and weakness, and to develop the most effective QFD training and implementation plan.
Your team will be trained on the custom-tailored QFD process, applying the custom-tailored toolset on an actual project under the guidance of the instructor. Unlike the public course setting, you will be able to discuss and address the unique needs and challenges of your project and your team will have 100% attention of the instructor. Because this training is tailored specifically to your business, the QFD implementation is focused on your project goals; no need to sit through the generic process that might not be relevant to your industry. This training mode has no prerequisites.
3. In-house Generic QFD Green Belt® training
This is the same as the Public Course, except it is held at your company location and attended only by your employees. This option uses the public course materials and generic QFD models. This is also a good way to introduce your workforce to the Modern Blitz QFD® and application of basic tools.