In-house custom-tailored QFD Green Belt® Course trains team members in your custom QFD processs and toolset, developed pecifically for your business and your existing development process. This assures skill and compliance before project begins.
- QFD is a winning strategy for seeking out both unspoken and spoken customer needs.
- QFD translates key needs into actions and designs.
- QFD focuses various distinct functions toward achieving a common goal.
- Assure your project's success - with courses taught by QFD Institute certified experts.
- In-house custom-tailored QFD training addresses the needs and objectives of your organization and customers, using custom-tailored QFD process and training manual.
- Team members trained on the custom-tailored QFD typically are able to earn a full status QFD Green Belt® shortly upon completion of the training and move onto the QFD Black Belt® status.
- This training mode helps create a pool of project team members capable of carrying out future QFD projects.
- This training mode affords the privacy of discussing the unique needs and challenges of your business, with your team receiving 100% attention of the instructor unlike public courses.
- Why you should update your QFD practice?
Who Should Attend
- QFD project team members including marketing and sales, R&D, design, manufacturing, service, quality, etc.
- New Product Development Teams
- Project Managers
- Internal Quality consultants and Six Sigma/DFSS BB/MBB
Internal trainers, facilitators
- Innovation champions
- Anyone who is involved with new product/service development
- No prerequisites
- Understand basic QFD / ISO 16355 concepts and main tools;
- Present QFD concepts to your management team as a powerful new product development process;
- Recognize differences between QFD for manufactured and assembled products, service and business processes, food and chemical products, software, and small business;
- Upon completion, receive provisional QFD Green Belt® Certificate;
- Submit personal example of VOCT and House of Quality within one year to earn full status.
- How QFD can address your company's problems with customers, competitors, technology, design, build, delivery and service;
- Brief history and principles of QFD - how and why it works;
- Case studies (with results) for product (manufactured, assembled, chemical, food), service, process, and software applications;
- Related methodologies such as Blitz QFD®, AHP, Kansei, TRIZ, New Lanchester Strategy, Critical Chain Project Management; and
- Hands-on practice of key tools in ISO 16355 and compliance techniques.
Workshop (hands-on with your project)
- Custom-tailored QFD method is practiced on your project;
- Basic QFD Tools - Affinity Diagram, Hierarchy Diagram, Matrix;
- Voice of Customer Table - Understanding explicit and implicit requirements;
- Position new product according to customer, competition, and corporate strategy;
- Translate key customer needs into product specifications - Maximum Value Table and House of Quality;
- Lecture on how to deploy to each functional group. Includes function and failure analysis, creativity, component, facilities, operator, and quality control
Textbooks and Materials
- Custom-tailored Green Belt® training manual for your group
- Templates and software demos, additional case studies
- In-house custom-tailored QFD Green Belt® training spans 3–4 days. It begins with the QFD Technical Review and customization of the QFD process and toolset, followed by the in-house training sessions with your project team applying those tools on an actual project(s). On-going facilitation support is also available.
- In comparison, public QFD Green Belt® course is 2 days and uses generic materials and a generic QFD model. See comparison of in-house training vs. public courses.
The QFD Institute permits only full-status QFD Black Belts® or those with higher competency credentials who have successfully completed the "train-the-trainer course" to teach its QFD Green Belt® Courses, and full-status QFD Master Black Belts® who completed the same to teach its QFD Black Belt® Courses.
Individuals' QFD Belt status may be verified through the QFD Institute office.
Schedule and Costs
Please contact us, telephone +1 206-203-3575.