This is an in-house QFD overview outlining various QFD utilities, modern tools, why and how QFD works. This provides the background information necessary for decision making whether QFD is appropriate for your business and project.
This course is conducted prior to customization of the QFD training for your company.
Who should attend
- Managers and technical people interested in improving their new product development process, including quality, customer satisfaction, and schedule.
Purpose and Deliverables
- Learn principles, tools and techniques of Modern QFD.
- Determine if QFD is right for your business and project.
Content & Methodology
- Quality Function Deployment has been used extensively around the world since 1966 to assure customer satisfaction and quality of new products and services. It was introduced in 1983 to the U.S. and played a significant role in improving customer satisfaction and quality.
- The QFD White Belt® course includes:
- How QFD and ISO 16355 can address quality problems in product design and delivery.
- History and principles of QFD / ISO 16355 — how and why it works.
- Example of successful applications.
- Related tools as called out in the QFD / ISO 16355 process, such as Kansei Engineering, TRIZ, Critical Chain Project Management, and others.
Textbooks and Materials
- Custom-tailored training materials, case studies, slides.
- (Note: This course does not include workshop elements. For hands-on workshop experience, we suggest the QFD Green Belt® Course.)
- Duration varies from 3 hours to 7 hours, depending on the need and schedule of the attendees.
- This course is conducted by a QFD Institute fully-certified QFD Master Black Belt® or higher.
- Please contact us