Our mission in education is to deliver state-of-the-art QFD training and education for developing outstanding QFD practitioners and facilitators by setting the highest standards in QFD training, nationally and internationally.
The QFD Institute's QFD Belt program offers a multi-level structured QFD curriculum, aligned with ongoing research, giving students the best possible Modern QFD training. It is the only QFD curriculum authorized by Dr. Yoji Akao, QFD co-founder, outside Japan and taught by Akao-certified QFD Red Belts®.
All training by the QFD Institute is compatible with ISO 16355, ISO/QS-9000, Six Sigma, DFSS, Stage Gate, EFQM, TQM, Baldrige, and other quality initiatives.
The QFD Institute provides two distinct pathways of learning:
1) In-house training programs and workshops
In-house training offers your project teams the most efficient, focused QFD-ISO 16355 training that is optimized for your project, business goals, and development process, with custom-tailored deployments and training manuals that address the unique needs of your company. (See references:"Why your QFD takes too long?" and "Why QFD fails at some companies")
In-house training is available for:
- QFD Green Belt® Certificate Course
- QFD Black Belt® Certificate Course
- QFD Technical Diagnosis
- QFD Gold Belt®
- Kansei Engineering
- Hoshin Kanri Management
- New Kano Model
2) Public courses and workshops
Public courses use generic training materials and teach a generic QFD process.
- Public QFD Green Belt® Course: This public course teaches the Modern Blitz QFD®, has no prerequistes, and is held several times a year. Some companies send training scouts or project kick-off members to this course to test the water, even though they may eventually have in-house customized training to develop workforce capable of applying various QFD tools in New Product Development as well as business processes and innovation.
- Please see Public Course/Workshops Menu
- Public Course Calendar
- To receive timely announcements about the next public courses, we recommend signing up for the free Newsletter.