- How can a company maintain a competitive edge in a market filled with products of equally satisfying quality and functionality?
- How can your new products be differentiated when they are quickly followed by low-priced clones?
- In some product segments, consumers are making the purchasing decision more and more on psychological and emotional appeal. How can your product and brand connect emotionally with them?
- How can engineers address the emotional design needs of new breeds of consumers who are highly informed, multi-cultural, and globally minded and represent a different purchasing decision process?
Businesses today are challenged by these concerns, which in fact open a new opportunity for generating greater sales and market share if you can successfully harness the unspoken emotional quality characteristics that consumers seek in your product and service.
Kansei Engineering was created to address this emotional side of product development. It is a consumer-oriented emotional design and branding technology that attaches importance to customers' wantsfor emotional, sensory, and lifestyle-enhancing solutions with your product development, creating synergy for emotional branding.
QFD provides a disciplined framework for effectively merging this specialized method in your product and business process development process.
Lifestyle QFD uses easily available Kansei Engineering tools and software to apply QFD, a proven, customer-oriented development method for product, business process, and quality, to an emerging area of lifestyle, image, attitude, and psychological needs — the fuzzy emotional sides of product development which are the next "edge" for producing highly profitable, differentiated products and services.
Kansei Lifestyle QFD Workshop
This workshop will introduce participants to the Kansei Engineering concepts, approaches, and market segment-oriented development of Kansei needs;
- Show various case studies where Kansei Engineering was successfully used;
- Explain the rarely revealed inner workings of the Kansei Engineering arithmetic;
- Explain the relationship between QFD and Kansei Engineering;
- Show Kansei software options that are available today and how to begin applying Kansei methods on your next project.
- Participants will take part in a Kansei experiment in class.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is interested in design and development of a new product or service;
- Decision makers involved in product strategy.
- No Prerequisites
- Contac Us by Email
- Tel 206-203-3575